Over more than 100 years, Ahrens has maintained its strong family culture by building lasting relationships with employees, sub-contractors and clients. These relationships are based on an understanding that there is a job to be done and the best results will be delivered by a hard-working, motivated and experienced team.
At Ahrens, we take great pride in our workforce of more than 360, which represents a diversity of backgrounds and skills. Their individual experiences benefit our workplace.
We encourage our employees to achieve high standards of personal and professional excellence and demonstrate a willingness to learn from others. Our managers demonstrate a hands-on and down-to-earth style of leadership.
We currently have more than 50 employees who have completed 10 years’ service, including nine employees who have passed their 30-year service milestone.
We work hard to attract, develop and retain excellent employees through many initiatives, including:
• Annual Employee Reviews to review individual performance and development.
• An Employee Survey which is conducted every 18 months to allow employees to provide feedback on the company’s performance.
• An Employee Assistance Program, offering 24-hour confidential counselling to employees and their immediate families.
• Regular communication through intranet, newsletters and staff announcements.
• Service awards to recognise those who have reached service milestones.
• A program of social events, including family-friendly outings.
At Ahrens, we value the contribution of individual employees and encourage them to strive for personal and professional excellence. In addition to internal training sessions tailored to our business needs, our employees attend external training in many disciplines, from finance and business development to safety and site supervision.
We are committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. As well as complying with equal opportunity laws, we work hard to provide a safe and pleasant work environment and career development opportunities for all employees.
Ahrens appreciates and accepts the importance of Indigenous Australian Culture and encourages indigenous people to apply for positions in our company.
Graduates & Apprentices
We offer many opportunities for graduates and apprentices, through our University of SA Scholarship program and our apprentice training program which currently involves more than 20 apprentices.